[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Gaudapada and Shankara hold the waking objects to be mithya

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Fri Jul 28 00:33:20 EDT 2023

Anyway since you are particular about it, reference may be made to BSB 2-1-14 on sUtra  ** तदनन्यत्वमारम्भणशब्दादिभ्यः ** (tadananyatvamArambhaNashabdAdibhyaH).  My understanding of  अनन्यत्वम्  (ananyatvam)  is that the relationship between Brahman and Creation is one of  कार्यकारण विलक्षण  (kAryakAraNa vilakShaNa).  Not one of  कार्यकारण सम्बन्ध (kAryakAraNa sambandha).  Thus Creation is a composite of AdhisththAna and  Adhyastha. The two enjoy different levels of Reality (विषमसत्ता) (viShamasattA).  They are the two  parts I was referring to.
praNAms Sri Chandramouli prabhuji
Hare Krishna
Thanks for your clarification.  I agree with your observation.  And it has been reiterated by me innumerable times kArya-kAraNya ananyatvaM is not to prove kAraNatvaM to brahman (cause of jagat) and its effect jagat and to prove its absolute non-difference by keeping it side by side!! kArya-kAraNa prakriya,  should lead us to shruti siddAnta AtmaikatvaM since all methodologies are basically adhyArOpita on brahman to prove its nirvisheshatvaM ,,nirvikAratvaM and nirguNatvaM.
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar