[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Gaudapada and Shankara hold the waking objects to be mithya

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:59:24 EDT 2023

Namaste Praveen ji.

//The complete phrase you used is "non-existence in all three periods of
time". That is not common between tucCha and mithyA, but only it is only
for the former.//

I fail to understand. Could you cite some references which says mithyA
exists for some period of time?

//traikAlikaniShedhapratiyogitva is different from
traikAlikAtyantAsatyatva.//

What is the difference between the two?

//If you meant the former by *non-existence* in all three periods of time,
I agree there too. I took it as the latter as that is the meaning in common
parlance.//

Again traikAlika-nishedha-pratiyogitvam means same as non-existent in all
three periods of time.

We say there is ghaTa-abhAva. Means, there is ghaTa-nishedha. And ghaTa is
the pratiyogI of ghaTa-nishedha. Thus, ghaTa has nishedha-pratiyogitvam.

Now, if we say x has traikAlika-nishedha-pratiyogitvam, then there is
abhAva of x in all three periods of time.

If we say "सर्वत्र" त्रैकालिक निषेध प्रतियोगित्वम्, then it is same as
non-existence in all three periods of time because it removes the
possibility of traikAlika-abhAva in some locus. It implies non-existence in
all three periods of time in all locus.

Regards.