[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Gaudapada and Shankara hold the waking objects to be mithya

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 08:14:32 EDT 2023

Namaste Praveen ji.

Even mithyA is non-existent in all three periods of time. That is common to
> tuchchha and mithyA. So, non-existence is admissible in mithyA also.

//Not true. asat chet na bAdhyeta.//

What is not true in what I said? Non-existence is indeed common to tuchchha
and mithyA. And yet they are different. Not on account of the parameter of
existence (they both are equally non-existent), but on account of
eligibility of appearance as real. Tuchcha, while being non-existent, never
appears to exist as real but mithyA, while being non-existent, appears to
exist as real.

सर्वत्र त्रैकालिकनिषेधप्रतियोगित्वं यद्यपि तुच्छानिर्वाच्ययोः साधारणम् ;
तथापि क्वचिदप्युपाधौ सत्त्वेन प्रतीत्यनर्हत्वम् अत्यन्तासत्त्वम् ,
शूक्तिरूप्ये प्रपञ्चे च बाधात् पूर्वं नास्त्येवेति न तुच्छत्वापत्तिः ।
(Advaita SIddhi)

Rest of the points which you make are quite clear and acceptable. It is
indeed a matter of frame of reference. Situating in ajnAna, it can only be
logically described as anirvachanIyA or mithyA. But sitting in Brahman, it
is certainly horns of hare.

Regards.

--
Additional Commissioner of Income-tax,