[Advaita-l] [advaitin] My Interview to Doordarshan News Vartavali

Jaishankar Narayanan jai1971 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 04:44:09 EST 2023

Namaste Sunil ji,

Pujya Swami Dayananda ji used to show first how anger is not a willful
action. So advising someone not to get angry is useless. It may make the
person more angry. One has to find the root cause and address it. Sometimes
it is sub-conscious and so difficult to process.

Regarding marriage being an obstacle to spiritual life - it depends on
one's partner and their interests. Fortunately my wife also was a
student of Vedanta in the same course in which I studied. Pujya Swami ji
arranged our wedding and even attended the function. We also had a clear
idea about the kind of life we wanted to lead after marriage. So it became
a vehicle to grow emotionally and spiritually.

with love and prayers,
Jaishankar

On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 11:38 AM sunil bhattacharjya via Advaita-l <