[Advaita-l] Puranas as Pramana

VTCS Rao vtcsrao at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 15 20:48:06 EST 2023

Hari om

Puranas are not a part of prasthana trayam. Then why we need to take puranas as Pramana in our spiritual quest?

Is it not futile to make any conclusions or corroboration taking examples from the conflicting and confusing statements in puranas.

I am not against reading Puranas. I am amazed with the scientific revelations (for example Garuda purana on birth, Bhagavat on creation etc), but these are not considered as a part of Prasthana traya.

Any views on this from the learned in this group.

Regards

Best Regards/  VTCS

VTCS Rao