[Advaita-l] Yoga Vasishtha Sara - The Essence of the Yoga Vasishtha - CHAPTER VI (MEDITATION ON THE SELF)

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 05:09:22 EST 2023

(Continued from previous post)

CHAPTER VI: MEDITATION ON THE SELF

1. I, the pure, stainless and infinite Consciousness
beyond Maya, look upon this body
in action like the body of another.

2. The mind, the intellect, the senses, etc.
are all the play of Consciousness. They are
unreal and seem to exist only due to lack of
insight.

3. Unmoved by adversity, a friend of all
the world in prosperity, without ideas of
existence and non-existence, I live free from
misery.

4. Inactive am I, desireless, clear as the
sky, free from hankering, tranquil, formless,
everlasting and unmoving.

5. I have now clearly understood that the
five elements, the three worlds and I myself
are pure Consciousness.

6. I am above everything : I am present
everywhere ; I am like space ; I am that
which (really) exists ; I am unable to say
anything beyond this.

7. Let imaginary waves of universe rise
or fall in me who am the ocean of infinite
Consciousness ; there is no increase or
decrease in me.

8. How wonderful that in me, the infinite
ocean of Consciousness, waves of jivas (individual
souls) rise, sport for a while and disappear
according to their nature.

9. The world which has come into existence
on account of my ignorance has dissolved
likewise in me. I now directly experience
the world as supreme bliss of Consciousness.

10. I prostrate to myself who am within
all beings, the ever-free Self abiding as
inner Consciousness.

(To be Continued)