[Advaita-l] Shraddha

ravi chandrasekhara vadhula at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 1 21:41:26 EST 2023

Pranam,
>From my father and other elders,
Yes on death anniversary and during pitru paksha. I think common across all S Indian Brahmins. But IMHO it applies to all Brahmins but there are regional variations.
Ravi Chandrasekhara

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, January 1, 2023, 23:10, Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

On January 2, 2023 6:37:19 AM GMT+05:30, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com> wrote:
>I don't think he's asking about the pitru pasha shraaddha. He's rather
>asking about the annual shraaddha that is  performed on the exact day of
>death every year.

Ah understood.  We only observe the Pitr Paksha.

I looked at mypanchang.com which I consider to be reliable and it said Pausha Shukla 13 was the tithi on that date.