[Advaita-l] Fwd: Vishnutva Rudratva Brahmatva.. How can these be achieved?

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 05:09:32 EST 2023

A small addition on this topic.
In the gita bhasya wherever there is the mention of "attaining the state of
Vishnu" acharya interprets it as "mukthi" and not the position of Vishnu.
This remains consistent through out the prasthan traya bhasyas, the
statment of  "tat vishnor param padam" has been interpreted by acharya as
mukthi and not becoming narayana. If the argument is made that here "visnu"
is nirguna brahman then in the gita krishna mentions "attaining me" and
"becoming me" "comming to me" etc. All these statments are also taken as
attaining mukthi.

Further there is a huge logical problem if isvara is an attainable
position. For one thing in BSB bhasya shankaracharya states the gita verse
that the jivatama is part of isvara.
And he is their controller of jeevas. He is the giver of fruit of action as
well. Acharya quotes gita here twice.
Further if isvaratva is attained by someone the statments of "eternal" and
"unchanging" etc won't be applicable.

And top of all this it is also starkly in contradiction to our shistas and
sampradaya. Hence such statements are be taken as arthavada and not
literally. Just as the statments of puranas saying " a dip in Ganga gives
mukthi" etc are not taken literally, these too are the same.

Namo narayana