[Advaita-l] 'Prana' as Brahman

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 01:35:10 EST 2023

Kaushik,

The quote of Sri Amalananda that you have cited is actually a refutation of
Bhagavatpada by him.  While the BSB Pancharatra section holds that Veda
Vyasa denounces this school for various reasons, the first being: It says
the jiva has an origin.  Not only Shankara but Bhaskara and even Vallabha
have taken the same stand as Shankara.  Only the Vaishnava schools differ
as they hold Pancharatra dear.  Amalananda's opinion is a stark
disagreement from Shankara. Srivaishnavas happily quote this and say: Look,
while Shankara refuted this school on this point, his own descendent
differs from him and has said what is supporting us.

regards
subbu