[Advaita-l] (no subject)

Vishesh Bhat visheshlives at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 03:26:07 EST 2023

Namaskara,

This is related to an earlier question I had raised on the necessity of
Avatara in the world of Jeevas. I got the impression that an Avatara is
required when the sum total of "papa" exceeds that of "punya" in the
Vyavaharika reality and to uphold Dharma. But there are an infinity of
"Jeevatmas", so is there some sort of way to keep track of the sum total of
"punya" and papa" in the world? Also, why would "Saguna Brahman" who
already knows all of this world and even Dharma and Adharma to be part of
the unreal "Maya", want to intervene when "good" and "evil" are essentially
a delusion and a part of Nirguna Brahman? Somehow I am still confused.
Please excuse my persistence.

Regards,
Vishesh.

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 at 21:19, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <