[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 01:05:47 EST 2023

> Shankara's VSN Bhashya for the name Keshava says:
> Keshava is the one *in whose control* are Brahma Vishnu and Shiva. यस्य वशे
> वर्तन्ते इति केशवः

It's actually a direct statement from vishnu purana. Where one Janardana
acts  through brahma,vishnu,shiva. Here the idea is not that Janardana is
different from the Trimurti vishnu. In fact if one reads the purana it
becomes evident that this Janardana is non different from vishnu. It's that
vishnu alone that has become trimurtis.
To show the non difference acharya in the very next line says he is called
'Kesava' because he has slayed kesi demon which was done by Krishna.
Take an example here, if I say that one water has become ice, water, and
gas and these(ice, water,gas) are dependent on water. Is there a difference
between the water which is the source and the water which is a part of the
triad?

On a side note acharya quotes the Narayana upanishad several times as
Shruthi. The Narayana upanishad contains Mukthi in Vaikunta, paratatva of
vishnu  and Narayana Devaki suta etc..
Let us first admit that acharya is praising one entity through out his VSN
bhasya and not multiple devatas.

While giving bhasya to the name Prajapathi in VSN acharya say-
>From his navel name Prajapathi.( Clearly no nirakara entity here)
For the name "gurutamah"-
acharya says because he created Prajapathi and gave him the vedas (svt up)
In both ways we see that he is greater than brahma
For the name "sampramardanah"-
Acharya says the one who destroys through his viboothis such as death. Here
we can see difference between isvara and his viboothis.
FoR the name "Prabhu"
Acharya says one who drags his devotees mind with his beautiful form. So
the supreme being praised here has a form which he takes(in this case
vishnu)
For the "havir harih"
Acharya says he is the enjoyer of sacrifice and he is the destroyer of sins
of who think about him? In what way should they think about him? Acharya
quotes smriti "my complexion is yellow hence I am Hari"(no nirakara entity
here)
For the word Damodara-
Acharya says that he was tied up by Yashoda, hence he is Damodara.
For the word 'Parameswara" he quotes a statment on Rama from Ramayana.
And for "Kartha" he declares him independent.
For "sudarasana" he says one with beautiful eyes.
For the word "suvurath" and "sumukhha" acharya quotes statements on Rama
and vishnu from Puranas.
 And finally for the word Bhagvan he quotes the vishnu purana and says he
is always in possession of full dominion, strength etc etc. And who who
knows the end and beginning of things and Vidya/avidya etc.
All these Gunas arre attributed to vishnu/krishna  in the upodghata itself.