[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 00:04:12 EST 2023

Namaste Subbu ji,
I agree with everything you say except I would de-emphasise one aspect:
"In that case the Trimurtis will be non-diff from this Prathama shariri who
is in turn 'under' the Ishwara."

I think that there is no spiritual benefit (and possible spiritual harm) in
considering the trimUrti Shiva / Vishnu separate from the turIya Shiva /
Vishnu (terms used in the sense that you do below) - especially if it is
done with the purpose of reconciling durbala purANa pramANa-s. Doing so can
get in the way of the upAsana of the turIya Shiva / Vishnu etc as Ishvara -
leading to questions / confusions of whether such a worship is of Ishvara
or of a jIva etc - which affects the stronger pramANa enjoining a worship
of such forms.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan