[Advaita-l] Is the prediction of Shankaracarya in Padma Purana authentic? ‘Mayavadam Asat Shastram’ – Jaya Nitai Gauranga

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 12:04:05 EST 2023

Namaste

Adi Shankara was very particular about taking Sanyasa for Brahma Jnana. A
Sanyasi does not perform Vaidika karmas or Laukika karmas. He must give up
all karmas. This is misunderstood to mean everybody should give up his
duties. Clever.

Pracchanna Bauddha allegation is not new. But recent Vaishnavas also say
Advaita is like Islam. Therefore there is a contradiction. Is it Pracchanna
Bauddha or Islam? It cannot be both. When they decide this question and
tell us what we are then we can reply to them.

On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 at 2:25 AM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <

> Please go through this article and give your responses.
>

> https://nitaigaurangablog.wordpress.com/2021/12/18/is-the-prediction-of-shankaracarya-in-padma-purana-authentic-mayavadam-asat-shastram/

Regards

-Venkatesh