[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 05:21:12 EST 2023

In the BSB bhasya shri shankaracharya says- 2.1.27
"He rests with his rays in him'--still Selfhood cannot be ascribed to the
sun, on account of his externality (parāgrūpatva). Immortality, &c. also
cannot be predicated of him, as Scripture speaks of his origin and his
dissolution. For the (so-called) deathlessness of the gods only means their
(comparatively) long existence. And their lordly power also is based on the
highest Lord and does not naturally belong to them; as the mantra declares,
'From terror of it (Brahman) the wind blows, from terror the sun rises;
from terror of it Agni and Indra, yea, Death runs as the fifth.'--Hence the
person in the eye must be viewed as the highest Lord only"