[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 02:25:38 EST 2023

Namaste sir.
The only reason i am contending diffence between isvara and Surya devata
etc is that they have specifically been stated to be jeevas attaining the
post due to punya karma.
Infact our very acharya shri chandrashekhara Bharathi swamin who is the
guru of abhinava vidyatirtha swami, had clearly stated that surya has
hiranyagarbha above him. And hiranyagarbha has isvara above him. This
conversation has been recorded in the book. Hence the difference between
jeevatmas and isvara is specified here.

Now the correct understanding can be that because in our sampradaya, we
accept worship of Surya etc granting krama mukthi, the reason is that the
result of such worship is same. That is, if one worships isvara as
everything (jagat karta etc) or he worships devata such as surya who has
been accepted as a form of isvara (viboothi) he attains the same result.
But the result being the same doesn't mean they are the same.

Further the worship of these devatas, is the worship of isvara only.
Because bagavan has already stated that all the worship of devatas goes to
him only. And whatever Shakthi the devatas possess is also because of him.
Hence when we worship surya bagavan it's isvara only who is being
worshipped, hence asking him to grant mukthi and calling him jagat karta is
not a contradiction. But statments such as surya being the source of
Trimurtis should be understood differently such that there is no
contradiction with Acharyas bhasya and sampradaya. If surya himself was
given the position by isvara, how can he be the source of isvara?

Namo narayana