[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 04:05:35 EST 2023

Namaste Bhaskar ji,

On Fri, 10 Feb 2023, 07:50 'Bhaskar YR' via advaitin, <
advaitin at googlegroups.com> wrote:

>    - Just I was thinking of closing this discussion since on most of the
>    terms we are in agreement.  But this shruti reference I am not able to find
>    it in dashOpanishat ( I might have missed it)  Kindly share up. Reference
>    and shankara bhAshya on kAryOpAdnirayaM jeevaH kAraNOAdhireeshwaraH.
>
> It is not in the dashopaniShad. It is found in the shuka-rahasyopaniShad
in the following mantra:

कार्योपाधिरयं जीवः कारणोपाधिरीश्वरः।
कार्यकारणतां हित्वा पूर्णबोधोऽवशिष्यते॥

I also recall finding this statement in one of the pUrva / uttara nRsimha
tApini upaniShad-s a few years back. I don't recall which - but I could be
mistaken also.

If it is ok, let us leave this discussion where it is for now - the rest of
your comments below require a detailed discussion I think, which I do not
have the time at present to participate in.

Kind regards,
Venkatraghavan