[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Wed Feb 8 04:05:17 EST 2023

praNAms Sri Venkataraghavan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

  *   Kindly allow me to clarify :

Are you saying:

  1.  Chaitanya in association with only one name and form is Ishvara?

  *     No, IshwarOpAdhi might be many not restricted to ONLY either shiva or vishNu.  However it is not clear to me when upAsaka when doing the upAsana doing the same to IshwarOpAdhi or karma/puNya phala janita devatOpAdhi.  As you know most of the sUkta-s / hymns / mantra-s are about indra, agni, varUna, sUrya etc.
  *

  1.  Chaitanya in association with all names and forms is Ishvara? Or
>  when Ishwara is the Chaitanya that Chaitanya should be one without second, and as per shruti this Chaitanya thought of becoming many (so kAmayata, satyancha anrutaNcha satyamabhavat yadidaM kincha) and also nAma rUpa in vyAkruta rUpa and avyAkruta rUpa must be this chaitanya only since he is the abhinna nimittOpadAna kAraNa.  vishwarUpa darshana comes to my mind to substantiate my thought that all nAma & rUpa is Ishwara only and there is nothing apart from IT.

  1.  Chaitanya in association with some names and forms is Ishvara? Or

  *   Frankly I think this is what you are saying by differentiating the IshwarOpAdhi which is mAyA rUpa and which is through his own saMkalpa and devatas’ upAdhi and jeeva upAdhi which is karma phala janita.

  1.  Chaitanya in association with no names and forms is Ishvara?

  *   This is called nirupAdhika, nirvishesha, niravayava para brahman.  Ishwara when taken in the sense of samartha / ruler / lord etc. then he is sOpAdhika but  as per my understanding upAdhi cannot be restricted to some specified forms like ONLY vishNu or shiva’s specific features (like third eye in forehead of shiva or ksheera sAgara shesha shaayi vishNu) he can assume any form any time …but it is again force us to conclude that in vyavahAra there is some Chaitanya that has the capability of wear anything as per it’s sva-eccha and bless some other Chaitanya/s in some karma janita shareera.  In this scenario though Chaitanya is one we are seeing the bheda in Ishwara Chaitanya and jeeva Chaitanya and former is capable of uplifting the later.
Now kindly clarify where there is mixing of vyavahArika and pAramArthis satya in my stand here.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar