[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 12:25:43 EST 2023

On Sat, Feb 4, 2023 at 8:56 PM H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Namaste Subrahmanian Ji,
>
> Yes. They have all taught BrahmavidyA. But as per the Ananda mImAmsa of
> Tai. Up and Br. Up, let alone the *ajnAni devatAs*, even amongst the *jnAni
> devatAs* there is tAratamya as regards the Ananda experienced by Indra,
> Brihaspati, PrajApati.

The Ananda mimamsa is about the loka/position one attains by karma/upasana
samucchaya.  Hence the ananda taratamya. But as Jnani's the ananda is the
'same' Brahmananda of all of them. There is no taratamya there, unless one
would bring in the four categories of Brahmavit-s.  And the devatAs in
those positions are not considered Jnani's in the mimamsa scheme of the
Tai.up. That's why, in contrast, the shrotriya, akAmahata, is said to have
the ananda of all those gods in those lokas, even without his being in that
loka.

regards
subbu