[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 06:10:03 EST 2023

Namaste Chandramouliji,

On Sat, Feb 4, 2023 at 10:52 AM H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Namaste Venkat Ji,
>
> Reg  <<  The tAratamyatA (gradation) of the phala (result) is not because
> of the tAratamyatA of the upAsya devatA but because of the tAratamyatA of
> the sankalpa and sAdhana >>,
>
> In the prescribed  sankalpa and sAdhanAs  for different pUjAvidhAnAs,  the
> upAsya devatA  is also prescribed. Is it not ?  Hence the tAratamyatA of
> the upAsya devatA is also covered.
>
> How so? I know you know this, but for the sake of clarity, tAratamyatA =
gradation.

Suppose we perform a gAyatrI japa for the attainment of wealth. Suppose
also that we perform another gAyatrI japa for chittashuddhi. The upAsya
devatA is the same, the karma is the same, but the desired result is
different.

How then can we say that the results being superior or inferior implies
that the object of worship is superior or inferior, when as I have shown in
the previous email, the cause of the superiority or inferiority of the
results can be for factors other than the superiority or inferiority of the
object of worship.

To prove the presence of A by the presence of B, one will have to
necessarily demonstrate that B cannot be present unless A was present.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan