[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Madhvacharya cites 'Paramarthika Satya' and 'Vyavaharika' concepts

sunil bhattacharjya skbhattacharjya at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 13:57:13 EDT 2023

Dear Subbuji,

Unfortunately for Shri Madhvacharya, he wrote the Bhagavata Tatparya
Nirnaya, where he claimed that people would not understand the Bhagavatam
without reading his "Bhagavata Tatparya Nirnaya". This is just the opposite
of what the Sage Vedavyasa himself said about the Bhagavatam

*One who has read the Bhagavatam, knows that Shri Vedavyasa was very sad
after completing the writing of the Mahabharata, as it is difficult for
(many) people to understand the Mahabharata. The Mahabharata has the Kuta
verses, which are too complex to be understood by most people.* *[*For
example, Vedavyasa wrote that at the time of the Mahabharata war, the
zodiacal position of the Saturn was opposite to the Rohini Nakshatra, and
even scholars like Prof. K. Srinvasa Raghavan and Prof. Narahari Achar
could not understand tjis ant they interpreted the zodiacal position of the
Saturn to be in Rohini. I feel vey sad seeing  daredevilry of Dr. Manish
Pandit,  even now, to  prove  the position of the Saturn in Rohini, during
the time of the Mahabharata war.*]* *That is why the sage Narada advised
the sage Vedavyasa to write the Bhagavatam, in such a way that people,
mostly including the uneducated women and the shudras, would also be able
to understand what is given in the Bhagavatam.*

In order that people should not be misled by Shri Madhvacharya's
statements, the guru of Shri Shridharacharya, asked the latter  to write a
commentary on the Bhagavatam.

My 2 cents
Sunil K. Bhattacharjya