[Advaita-l] looking for a comparative study on these two topics

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 13:03:54 EDT 2023

I had not given the definition for Satyam from Shankara's bhashya on the
Taittiriya Up.  I had copied just the definition for the anRtam (opposite
of Satyam) part.  Here is the Satyam definition:

 सत्यमिति यद्रूपेण यन्निश्चितं तद्रूपं न व्यभिचरति, तत्सत्यम् ।  The term
Satyam is in the Upanishad: satyam jnanam anantam brahma. Satyam is that
which never transforms into anything else/ any other state.

This satyam is free from bAdha.  त्रिकालाबाध्यं सत्यम्  in Advaita.

regards
subbu