[Advaita-l] Turiyatita: Basis and Concept

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Fri Apr 7 02:12:57 EDT 2023

praNAms Sri Kathirasan Prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Nice to see you on board after a long time 😊 How are you prabhuji??

Coming back to tureeyaateeta ( the supposed state beyond tureeya or chaturtham which we consider as per mAndUkya) I don’t think we can get any valid reference to this terminology in major up. & bhagavatpAda's PTB.  Hence we have to say it is only newly invented term or used in eulogical sense in minor Upanishads or as you observed in tAntrik texts.  First of all, to get the clear understanding of this term, we get to first know what is tureeya, then what is the stature of tureeyaateeta and what would be the difference between tureeya and tureeyAteeta (like what we discuss about prAjna in sushupti and tureeya as sAkshi chaitanya in avasthAtraya prakriya).   When we have already concluded that the fourth itself is relative to only illusory number three (avasthAtraya) and that tureeya which is we have already concluded as per siddhAnta as highest, immortal, unborn brahman where is the provision for us to accommodate one more state or sthiti beyond tureeya and call it with new name as 'tureeyaateeta'!!?? Just wondering.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar YR

PS :  And I don’t know whether this terminology has the valid reference in later vyAkhyAnakAras' works like the term mUlAvidyA.