[Advaita-l] Fw: PITRU PAKSHA

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Mon Sep 26 00:00:30 EDT 2022

What if one is working and unable to perform Amavasa tarpana after Madhyanika? Is it allowable to perform in morning or evening?
In General,                    Tarpana can be performed in the morning , but Shraddha is to be done after Madhyanika (Aparahanna). If you not able to perform the Madhyanika due to time constraints or whatsever may be the reason, you can do the tarpana in the morning (after sunrise) & offer some food materials to 1 or 2 Brahmmins in the name of your parents/grand parents.
I observed: Many of the people do the Shraddha/Pinda Daan at Ganges/godavari/kasi/sangam/prayaga/gaya or near be any temples/any river banks/ksehtra's once in a year . One can do at any holy place once in year due to the fact that for dead ancestors one year is one day.
 It appears tarpana is performed by Trivarnika Dvija jaatis and nowadays appears limited to some Brahmins. What about other varna/ outside varna or religions ?

Tarpana is for all castes ireespecitve of Brahmins or not.
In The Sankalpa: Brahmins can say Sarmanam, Kshatriya's can say Varmanam,Baniya's can say Gupta Rest can add their caste surnames to their name & utter Dasam
Any one can /should offter Tarpanam (water oblation) to do their dead ancesstors on their resepective tidhi's irrespective of their caste.

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu

Kameswara