[Advaita-l] adhikara for jivanamukti

Ven Balakrishnan ventzu at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 05:14:38 EDT 2022

If I may add, my understanding of Sankara is that sannyasa, is an inevitable outcome of Knowledge, as well as a means to achieve it.   Detachment from body-mind, like a snake shedding its skin, means that there is no longer any attachment to me and mine.  Without attachment, there is no holding to any possessions, as Sankara makes clear in Aitreya Up.

Krishna in 3.22-3.23 is referring to one who works for the benefit of the world, not himself.