[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Caricature of Advaita, Shankaracharya, etc. by the Gaudiya head

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 07:46:37 EDT 2022

> This would give us the impression that even before the srushti of jeeva
> and jagat, avidyA has the locus in parabrahman itself.

That wouldn't be so sir. As there is no avidya without jagat. Without jagat
there is no avidya. Whereas the counter might not be true.

So parabrahman himself (itself) not free from avidyA and due to avidyA in
> him he does the creation or he thought that he wanted to be many!!??

Sarvjnata and sarvashakthatva is admitted to isvara and not nirguna
brahman. Without jagat and avidya what is the cause of sarvjnata and
sarvashakthatva? If there is no world there is nothing to know(sarvjnata)
and nothing to have power over.

  So, before creation itself we are talking about parabrahman who has
> avidyA and at that time where was nirvishesha, nirguNa, niravayava brahman
> or nitya shuddha, buddha mukta parabrahman??

Again there is no avidya without a world. Without any apparent duality
there is no avidya. So it appears both are simultaneous.

  In the context of br.bhAshya it is not there to prove brahmAshrita