[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Caricature of Advaita, Shankaracharya, etc. by the Gaudiya head

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 06:48:58 EDT 2022

When it comes to logic it has no end. And hence the Shruthi vakya is taken
as the highest pramana. So taking brihadaranyaka upanishad as pramana it is
explained that brahman alone owing to avidya became many. Now the nature of
avidya and Maya are Mutual. The example is given that the illusionist or a
magician performs a trick which is seen as magic to us owing to both the
skill of the magican and the ignorance of the viewer. In the same way
isvara Maya and avidya both play a part in a jeeva viewing the world.