[Advaita-l] Virat

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 05:15:19 EDT 2022

Namaste

A small doubt is pestering me, in mundaka bhasya 2.1.4-
"एष देवो विष्णुरनन्तः प्रथमशरीरी त्रैलोक्यदेहोपाधिः सर्वेषां
भूतानामन्तरात्मा । स हि सर्वभूतेषु द्रष्टा श्रोता मन्ता विज्ञाता
सर्वकरणात्मा ".

Here acharya has identified Vishnu ananta with Virat. Virat's position can
be attained through sadhana and has been identified as a jeeva many times
in his bhasya as well has Shruthi holds so.
But in bsb and gita bhasya acharya has clearly stated that krishna
(narayana) is isvara and paramatma. So how is it that acharya has
identified him as a Jiva? I thought here "Vishnu' and "ananta" can be
adjectives but i am not sure sir, because in the paingala Upanishad(which
acharya quoted) this connection is again made between Vishnu and virat.
Please clear this confusion of mine.