[Advaita-l] ​Re: [advaitin] A talk on avidyA by Manjushree

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Tue Nov 29 02:30:17 EST 2022

Since Rope-Snake / Shell-Silver is nowhere to be found in the Upanishads commented by Shankara, Gita and Brahmasutra and only clay-pot, gold-lump and iron-nail cutter is found in the Upanishad, please present your reply with these instead of rope-snake analogy. I think then it will be clear what Ontology and epistemology are and how they are related to each other

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Frankly, I am unable to understand this demand.  Why this demand when bhAshyakAra himself used these (rajju-sarpa / shukti-rajata) examples in his commentaries??  Well, if at all there is drastic difference between these two analogies ( i.e. clay-pot & rope-snake) that would be, IMO, kArya-kAraNa ananyatvaM in clay-pot analogy and kAraNa-s no relation with that of appearing mithyA kArya in rajju-sarpa. But need more elaboration from your side for this particular demand and what would be the consequences if we use rajju-sarpa in place of clay-pot.  But it is better to keep in mind some of the traditional presenters have argued that both analogies are serving the same purpose in Advaita prakriya.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar YR