[Advaita-l] Ekadashi

VTCS Rao vtcsrao at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 22:26:08 EST 2022

My favourite from Bhagvat is the Gajendra Mokha, which describes how Narayana rushes to rescue of Bhakt without wasting time. Philosophically,

The tale of Gajendra is an integral theme in Vaishnavism and has great symbolic value: Gajendra symbolises the man, the crocodile represents sin, and the muddy water of the lake is Saṃsāra. The symbolic meaning of Gajendra moksha is that materialistic desires, ignorance, and sins create an endless chain of karma in this world and are like a crocodile preying upon a helpless elephant stuck in a muddy pond. Humans are thus stuck in a continuous cycle of death and rebirth until the day when they can look beyond everything in this creation and ultimately submit themselves to the supreme being, Vishnu.

Om Namo Narayanaya.
Shri Vishnu Roopaya Namassiva.