[Advaita-l] Guidance on Srishti

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 22:47:25 EST 2022

You may also see this post:
https://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2022-October/059011.html

There are references in the Mahabharata and in various other puranas for
the Trimurtis originating from Shiva's body for the purpose of
creation, etc. The Shvetashvatara Upanishad teaches Brahma laws created by
Rudra and was blessed with all the vedic knowledge. The Atharvashikha
upanishad says that Vishnu Brahma and Indra , etc.originated from Shambhu.
So, there is no unanimity in these matters of creation, etc. across the
scriptural texts but there is unanimity about the nature of Brahman that
has to be realized for liberation. Shankara has said this in the Bhashya.
Hence Shankara concludes that creation is not the purport (hence it is
mithya) of the Scriptures but Brahman alone is. The scriptures talk about
creation with a view to help the understanding of Brahman with ease.

regards
subbu

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 8:59 AM Kaushik Chevendra via Advaita-l <