[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re:

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue May 24 05:03:58 EDT 2022

Namaste.

Reg  << In your citation, SSS is saying avidya causes samsara and from that
arises maya which accounts for materiality - avidya is the cause of maya! I
don't see the difficulty >>,

Samsara is kArya (effect). mAyA is kAraNa (cause). Thus mAyA cannot arise
from samsara as kAraNa (Cause) cannot arise from kArya (effect).

Also avidyA cannot be the cause of mAyA as both are kAraNa (Cause), and one
kAraNa cannot be the originator for another kAraNa.

Sri SSS does not claim what you have stated either.

My earlier stated contention stands.
Regards