[Advaita-l] Confusion about free will.

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:32:00 EDT 2022

Namaste.
There is no world from the paramarthika state. Where can action and free
will come from?
Regarding free will, shri abhinava vidyatirtha swamin has said that indeed
free will is present for the jiva. But at the same time it's not absolute.
Because there are many external factors that impede one's will. So even
though it's not absolute it does still exist. Acharya cites markandeyas
story in this regard. He was destined to die at 16 but due to his bakthi,
his life span increases. In this same way we try our best to lead a life of
Dharma and attain mukthi based on our adhikara.
Hope this answers your questions.

On Wed, 18 May, 2022, 1:37 pm Vishesh Bhat via Advaita-l, <