[Advaita-l] Functions of the mind

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jun 30 20:11:58 EDT 2022

Further, an argument can be made here that Bhagavatpadacharya chose that
very particular dhAtu DukR~n karaNe, to show that karaNa = karma won't lead
to mukti (directly).

Dear Sh. Praveen Bhatt Saab,                                                  Happy to discuss again  with your logical analysis on the statement:
to show that karaNa = karma won't lead to mukti (directly)."

First I say whether it is KaraNa Karma or what ever may be it (Sanchita/Prarabda), It is an obstacle to Mukti directly or indiretly
Karma doesn't allow you to have the Transdance of the mind & it won't allow you to be at a place to have peaceful life.Karma always makes any one to roam around so that the remaing balance is get rid off i.e Karma Kshaya
What I want to bring the point here is KARMA always dictates the mind if some one doesn't have a control over it or if ego overpowers the mind.
I saw a few people, however they are big in their knowledge or power, they always down to earth  & so simple in their approach due to the fact that ego can't control their mind.
I am not clear with your saying that KaraNa Karma won't lead to mukti (directly), Please elaborate using sastra on this so that we have clear understanding on the functions of the Mind & its Transcdance.

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu
Kameswara
    On Thursday, 30 June, 2022, 01:58:00 pm IST, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 Namaste Jaldharji,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 1:36 PM Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <

> The Mohamudgara or Bhaja Govindam stotra has the refrain na hi na hi
> rakshati dukrnkarane.  "You will not be protected by dukrnkarane."  This
> is from Panini's dhatupatha so some foolish people think it means you
> don't need to study vyakarana or other shastras or even that such study
> will take you backwards on the Vedantic path.  Such people are not
> "spiritual" merely illiterate.  On the contrary Shankaracharya says that
> vyakarana is "vedanam veda" the Veda of the Vedas because it is only
> through proper analysis of speech we can get control over it and transcend
> it.

Further, an argument can be made here that Bhagavatpadacharya chose that
very particular dhAtu DukR~n karaNe, to show that karaNa = karma won't lead
to mukti (directly).

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */