[Advaita-l] vedAnta mahAvAkya - A query

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Wed Jul 27 04:48:35 EDT 2022

Purvapakshis argue the whole Veda is equally important. Why are you saying Veda has Mahavakyas and subordinate Vakyas? Every Vakya is equal to others. This is a case when Advaitis become Bheda Vadins and Dvaitins become Abheda Vadins. Reversal of roles is happening. Advaitins see Taratamya in Veda Vakyas.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Advaitins see tAratamya in veda vAkya-s!!?? I don't think so. Tradition says that all Upanishad / vedaanta vakya-s are aiming to teach only one thing i.e. ikyata.. accordingly we have to do samanvaya but not that one is superior to another.  Please elaborate why you are thinking so??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar YR