[Advaita-l] [advaitin] vedAnta mahAvAkya - A query

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 02:08:01 EDT 2022

Namaste Bhaskar ji,

There are many mahAvAkya-s, not four alone. Four are chosen as
representative of all mahAvAkya-s. Their popularity may because of their
association with the four AmnAyA maTha-s as outlined in the maThAmnAya
anushAsanam -

https://sanskritdocuments.org/doc_z_misc_shankara/maThAmnAyamahAnushAsanam.pdf

See verses 4, 12, 21, 31.

Regards,