[Advaita-l] Bajanai sambradayam

jaldhar at braincells.com jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri Jul 22 02:25:50 EDT 2022

On Thu, 21 Jul 2022, sreenivasa murthy via Advaita-l wrote:

>  You  are  absolutely  wrong  when you write " only a sannyasi is the
> eligible authority to attain moksha".Your statement goes against the
> Upanishad tradition as taught by Upanishad sages.Please clearly know the
> tradition of the sages of the Upanishads.

I don't know what kind of "tradition of Upanishad sages" you have in mind
but Advaita Vedanta is quite clear that only a paramahamsa sannyasi can
attain jivanmukti.  Just the other week we had a long and detailed thread
"Binary nature of jnana" which should clear any confusion about the
siddhanta.  Please go through it.  Also on Saturday as part of the
Paramahamsa thread, i quoted from Brhadaranyakopanishad on the necessity
of sannyasa for moksha.  See that post also.

Aravindji is correct.