[Advaita-l] Binary nature of Jnana

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 04:10:06 EDT 2022

Namaste Subbu ji

On Sat, 16 Jul, 2022, 10:13 pm V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 8:15 PM Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <
>
> > Namaste Raghavji,
> >
> >  I suppose it is agreeable to both of us that only pratibandhanivRtti
> > was pending, which can accomplished by garbhanivAsabhoga itself.
> >

> Dear Praveen ji,
>
> Even in the event of the pratibandha nivritti happening due to the
> experiencing of the garbhavasa bhoga, a vritti, akhandakara vritti, is
> required to enable him to declare 'aham manurabhavam sUryashcha..'  This is
> reasonable since, had that vritti arisen in the earlier birth, prior to
> this garbhavasa, there would not have been this garbhavasa; the earlier
> birth would have been the last one.

The arising of the vRtti is not under dispute. But whether it arises
spontaneously upon the garbhavAsabhoga running it's course and
pratibandhakas are destroyed, is the question. (The word "spontaneous" is
not literal but under the suitable conditions of prior sAdhanas etc.)

In Sri Ramana Maharshi's case, the vRtti did arise. (If we go along with
the accounts) but there was no recollection of any shabdas. Rather the
shabdas expressing what the vRtti meant etc., followed the arising of the
vRtti rather than the other way round as is usual.

Om
Raghav

  This adhikarana is to settle the doubt