[Advaita-l] Binary nature of Jnana

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 08:28:24 EDT 2022

Namaste Praveen ji
Thank you for sharing Sri Swami Divyanandaji Maharaj's snippet.

I could not catch every word due to accent and audio constraints. One or
two points he highlighted are -

The practice of nididhyaasanam is possible only for one who has the
pramANa-janita brahmaakaara vRtti which requires vairAgya as a prerequisite
and is the fruition of shravaNa and manana. This is different from
ahamgrahopAsana of looking upon aham as Brahma by choice rather than by
understanding. Upasana is not vastu tantra.

Nididhyaasanam involves cultivation of the pravAha or flow of brahmaakaara
vRttis.

UpAsana can lead to videhakaivalyam. (Did he mean krama mukti?)

Did he refer to the possibility of shravaNa-manana done in an earlier life
spontaneously giving sadyomukti in another life? (Because in such a case
the sAdhaka like vAmadeva would not necessarily recollect all the shravaNa
words heard in the earlier life.)

Om
Raghav

On Sun, 3 Jul, 2022, 8:37 pm Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l, <