[Advaita-l] Request for word by word translation of Shankara Bhashya for Gita

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 23:17:37 EDT 2022

Namaste.

Swami Gambhirananda of the Ramakrishna Order has translated the
Shankaracharya bhashya for the Bhagavad-gita completely in English.
Nowere can one find a word to word translation, that is, by giving each
word of the Bhashya and then giving the meaning. No such thing can ever be
found; what could be found however is a sentence by sentence translation.
It is available as a hard copy as well as PDF.

https://www.gitasupersite.iitk.ac.in/srimad?language=dv&field_chapter_value=1&field_nsutra_value=1&setgb=1&choose=1

Here one can read the English translation.  There are many spelling and
other mistakes, though.

Buy a hard copy.

Some others also have done such a translation, like for example A.G.
Warier. Shri Alladi Mahadeva Shastri also has translated into English.
There could be others too.

regards
subbu

On Sat, Jul 9, 2022 at 5:01 AM Manas Bharadwaaj via Advaita-l <