[Advaita-l] Binary nature of Jnana

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 18:36:36 EDT 2022

Namaste Praveen ji,

On Wed, 6 Jul 2022, 09:49 Praveen R. Bhat, <bhatpraveen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not disagreeing directly, but I am not agreeing either, since my
> understanding says "objection Milord" there, so to say! :-) So I shall
> leave it there with the explanation I gave earlier as to jnAna has to
> result after mananasiddhi, be it with pratibandhakas, as one reaches
> nididhyAsana. An agreement possible in our views seems to be that jnAna
> though aparokSha appears parokSha, where nididhyAsa takes away pratibandha
> which itself might appear as though nididhyAsa resulted in aparokSha jnAna.

I agree with this samanvaya of both our views. It is the old tale of
Bharccu again.

True, I'd like that too, but I am worried of causing misunderstanding

I understand, but you need not worry about that - I very much enjoy our
conversations, though sadly they have become somewhat infrequent these
days. Thank you very much for the discussion.

Kind regards,
Venkatraghavan