[Advaita-l] Binary nature of Jnana

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 10:01:20 EDT 2022

Namaste Venkat Ji,

Thanks for the response. I did not realize that the text you quoted from
was VS. I understand MahavAkya as forming part of Shravana. SMN have to be
practiced together over and over till Realization which  takes place only
during Shravana, on the utterance of the MahAvAkya (forming part of
Shravana) by the Guru *after* Manana and NididhyAsana help in refining the
mind to enable such Realization to take place. There is no need for manana
and nididhyAsana after such Realization.

I am not sure if VS takes the same view.

Regards

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>