[Advaita-l] Parmana

Anand N anand.natampalli at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 02:55:22 EDT 2022

Namaste,

If we take the example of I see smoke on the mountain, so I infer there may
be a fire. When I start moving towards the mountain, I notice that it is
actually mist rising.
Here Anumana is then corrected by Pratyaksha. That's what I was trying to
say when I meant one Pramana was not enough. Maybe this is technically
wrong when one is
using the word Pramana. Please correct me.

Regarding Rasananda, as all of you are pointing out, it is limited and
should be eventually given up, since it can then be an obstacle.
I understand and agree with that. However I think the importance of Rasa is
also to be seen. Otherwise we wouldn't have
Stotrams from Sannyasis or Gurus in beautiful Chandas, or songs composed by
them in different ragas etc.

Om Namo Narayanaya,
Anand