[Advaita-l] Avidya, Maya, Brhman

smallpress smallpress at ymail.com
Fri Jan 7 16:48:10 EST 2022

Dear Advaitins, greetings.
It seems the three, Brhman, Avidya, Maya are all related. Both Brhman and Avidya are without beginning and unlimited.
 Avidya ends with vidya. Brhman gets concealed by Maya.
Maya is not in us, it is out there in the world, just like Avidya and Brhman are. Maya evolves from Brhman, Brhmashrya.
But we the jeevas are affected by both avidya as well as maya.
We are caused by Avidya and deluded by Maya.
It seems to me the texts say the cure for avidya is vidya, and the cure for Maya is samadhi.
Does this sound right?
Is there another way of thinking about this?
Thank you very much.
Soma