[Advaita-l] Doubt

Ryan Armstrong ryanarm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 03:22:18 EST 2022

Namaste
Perhaps this might help...
Think of electricity...
It can power a television, a refrigerator or a lightbulb.
We see these as "different", but the process of their power-up is the same
and the energy which provides for their functioning is the same.

Perhaps a clearer exposition can be found in Chandogya chapter 6 verses 4-6.
Uddalaka explains this to his son Svetaketu.
The import is "What is the essence?" and "what is there in appearance only?"

When this doubt arises in the being, it is also useful to separate what the
mind is thinking and concluding from what is, in Truth, the reality.

Finally, I have found that when I have doubts or ideas contrary to the
shastras, the fault is in the way I have been perceiving, or that I have
made assumptions.  Sincere chintana always resolves this...

Kind Regards
Ryan

On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 at 09:14, Kartik Vashishta via Advaita-l <