[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: [advaitin] Bhavarupa and Orders of Reality

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 06:28:53 EST 2022

Namaste Sudhanshu Ji,

Reg  <<  In sansarga-adhyAsa, can it not happen between objects of
different order
of reality? >>,

Yes. That is correct. It can and does indeed. Thanks for pointing out the
error. Statement in my earlier post

<<  In संसर्गाध्यास (saMsargAdhyAsa)  on the other hand, the entities are
considered as of the same Order of Reality, but their relationship or
association   is  of a different Order of Reality and considered as अध्यास
(adhyAsa). Their relationship  or association  can neither be declared
related or nonrelated  अनिर्वचनीय (anirvachanIya). Examples are mirror and
reflection there in, clear crystal and  its coloration due to a nearby
flower. In this case, mirror/reflection as well as crystal/coloration are
of one Order  of Reality,  while their relationship or association is
another Order of Reality. >>

Should have read

<<  In संसर्गाध्यास (saMsargAdhyAsa)  on the other hand, the entities are
considered as established in their respective nature, but their
 relationship or association or identification can neither be declared
related or nonrelated  अनिर्वचनीय (anirvachanIya). Examples are mirror and
reflection there in, clear crystal and  its coloration due to a nearby
flower. In this case, mirror/reflection as well as crystal/coloration are
of one Order  of Reality,  while their relationship or association is
another Order of Reality  >>.

AdhyAsa between Atman and anAtman is characterized as संसर्गाध्यास
(saMsargAdhyAsa) and not स्वरूपाध्यास (svarUpAdhyAsa).

I may add here that there is a whole lot of different types of adhyAsA
 listed in addition to what I have mentioned above. A very comprehensive
review  of these is available in the commentary in hindi on the text विज्ञान
नौक (vij~nAna nauka) of Sri Bhagavatpada by Bhagavan Pandit Sadhuvarya
which is translated in kannada by Sri Mysore Shivananda Subrahmanya Shastri
. The topic of adhyAsa is  very well presented. Link for the same

<<  https://www.scribd.com/document/485906961/Vijnananauka-of-Shankaracharya

I could not locate the link to the hindi version.

Regards
Chandramouli

On Sat, Dec 24, 2022 at 3:15 PM Sudhanshu Shekhar via Advaita-l <