[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: [advaitin] Re: Analysis of Standpoints

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 05:55:31 EST 2022

Namaskaram.

There is no vyAvahArika or pAramArthika viewpoint  of a jnAni in my
understanding. The nature of a jnAni is as follows in my understanding.

For an ajnAni, the *I* sense identifies itself very strongly with the
antahkaraNa or BMI. I am not elaborating as it is unnecessary. For a jnAni,
there are two states possible. In one state, his *I* sense completely
dissociates itself from the antahkaraNa or BMI and *identifies*  itself
 with Brahman. This is his state of nirvikalpa samAdhi. There is no
perception of duality. But there is really no *experiential anubhava*
 either in such a state. At other times, the *I* sense of the jnAni
identifies itself with the antahkaraNa or BMI, but such identification is
very very weak. He perceives duality no doubt, but with very little
association with the duality. His understanding is one of  sarvAtmabhAva
and he enjoys great Ananda in this state. Experiences of Sages
Vamadeva/Trishnku /Sthitaprajna  etc  fall in this category. This is the
experiential jnAna phala of a jnAni. He can and does interact with the
world in such a state, and is perhaps what you have termed vyAvahArika
standpoint. Since the identification with BMI is very weak, there is no
resultant karma phala associated with any of his actions. Hence there is no
rebirth for him.

This in brief is my understanding.
Regards