[Advaita-l] Fwd: What does REAL mean in physics | The Universe as per Quantum Physics & Vedanta | Nobel Prize | (Q&A)

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 11:10:31 EST 2022

Namaste
You may want to note the following about the Advaita Vedanta teaching
tradition.
1. The power of words runs deep enough to dislodge the deep-rooted wrong
identification of "I" with the world and then directly reveal the
self-evident "I" as non-dual.

2. The use of all yukti (reasoning) in advaita is to show the fallacies and
self-contradictions inherent in all dualistic thinking including (in
today's context) all that goes in the name of "scientific theories".

3. When the weeds of wrong theories and suppositions are uprooted from the
mind, there are no obstacles to the arising of self-knowledge upon being
exposed to the teaching of advaita vedanta.

Thus any discussions on quantum mechanics and its espousal of non-locality
and the participatory nature of observer-based "reality" is only to negate
the cockiness and false triumphalism of logical positivism and realism
underlying the earlier classical physics. Quantum Mechanics discussions in
advaita circles are to only highlight the fact that the The Emperor of
Science has no clothes on. This clears the weeds of science which get
lodged in the mind due to the current system of education.

If quantum mechanics overreaches and starts reaching quaint conclusions
about "Consciousness" etc., then it can in turn be asked to first reconcile
the contradiction with the general theory of relativity, That would trip up
even current quantum theories.

The advaita tradition would thus assert that, any dualistic "theory of
everything" is bound to have limitations and self-contradictions. Someone
patient enough and interested enough has to only closely examine that
system. Sri Shankara for example shows the fallacies in other dualistic
systems by using their own jargon and without any shruti statements.

 Someone like Gödel has even generalized this assertion wrt axiomatic
systems about their incompleteness and incoherence.

To sum up,  advaita may use the reasoning of one dualistic theory to negate
another and then subsequently show the mistakes in the latter as well.
(Provisionally it may look like the latter theory gets some endorsement
from advaita, but thats only tactical.)

Some enthusiastic adherents of advaita might not see this tactical
approach. That is, they may gloss over the fact that it is little
consolation to be told "you are not a bunch of billiard ball like particles
as we thought until the 1920s ; now we know better; you are a bunch of
quarks or better still you are a superposition of quantum possibilities
described by a partial differential equation!". Still the same dualism
continues in another avatar.

As an aside, the primary opponent (prathama malla) of advaita today may not
be physics which has become a tad more mellowed because of quantum
discoveries. It may be this bizarre yet powerful nihilism called
postmodernism which controls huge power and wealth and the academia.. These
post-modern neo-marxists have a sophisticated "vitanDa vaada" system with
well developed intimidatory jargon by which they claim to show even advaita
is patriarchal, fascist, toxic masculine etc etc.

Om
Raghav

On Tue, 6 Dec, 2022, 7:15 pm Roberto Mallon Fedriani via Advaita-l, <