[Advaita-l] Rama's promise to vibhishana

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 09:42:12 EDT 2022

Namaste.
In ramayana yudha Kanda. Vibhishana is bought before Rama. And the monkey
sugreeva advised Rama to kill him as he was the enemy of theirs.
To which shri Rama Chandra the refuge of entire universe says-
" Any being who has sought refuge with me, saying—‘I am thine’ is assured
of my protection, I swear it! Bring this stranger to me, 0 Monkey, I shall
offer him security whether he be Bibishana or Ravana himself!”

This resembles Shri Krishna's statment in gita(18.66) where he says "mam
ekam sharanam vraja" and in 9.31 " na me bhaktaḥ praṇaśhyati"

Namo narayana