[Advaita-l] What do Advaitins practice for the realization of Self?

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 12:14:18 EDT 2022

Namaste Sadaji,

On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 6:05 PM Kuntimaddi Sadananda <
kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nidhidhyaasana or meditation on the teaching of the scriptures is required
> only for madhyama adhikaarees

True, but the best of the seekers known even in the Upanishads are madhyama
and adhama adhikArIs. Most common sAdhakas today would likely be
adhamodhama!

> - Says Sureshwara in his Advaita Siddhi. For uttama adhikaris, like
> Nachiktas, shravaNa and manana will do the job.

You are surely well aware that Nachiketas was an exception. If we start
looking at exceptions, one might end up taking Vamadeva's example too and
think that even shravaNa (in this janma) is not needed!

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */