[Advaita-l] Sri Avudai Akkal Program of Friday 17th Sep 2021 at Rasika Ranjani Sabha

Cheenu cheenu.blueocean at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 01:16:41 EDT 2021

Namaskarams

The YouTube links of the Carnatic Vical concert of Vidushi Smt Nisha Rajagopalan and the Harikatha of Kalaimamani Smt Vishaka Hari will be available in a few days that I will send to the group. The streaming link sent on Friday 17 Sep was for the live program only.

Due to Covid restrictions, the audience was restricted to just below 100. Feedback of the program has been excellent, see below:

“ The evening with Aavudai Akkal began at 5.15 p.m. with Vidhushi Smt.Nisha Rajagopalan taking the stage with Vidwans Sri.Shriramkumar and Sri. Arunprakash.
Her brief introduction to Akkal set the mood for receiving the songs.
Each of the songs was rendered with bhava that brought life to the lyrics. We could experience the Advaita spirit in the songs .
The uchacharippu was quite clear and we could relate to every phrase rendered.
It is not a simple task to set to music such spiritual outpouring. Sri shriramkumar s setting of notation was very apt .
The synergy of the artists brought alive the tattva they rendered through music.

Altogether  it was an experience that transported us to a level beyond the mundane.

May the grace of Akkal uplift our being .
Our heartfelt appreciation to All that made this evening possible.’

“ Kalaimamani Smt Vishaka Hari, true to her innate style brought alive Akkal of the 17 th century. Her striking drawing of parallels and apt association s  brought out details in not only stories we have heard but not Known, it also gave a deep insight into spirituality in its true sense.
The Hari katha exponent with her expertise wove the spiritual journey of Akkal beautifully inspite of the fact that not so many details  were available.
Pranams to the efforts of all in bringing  Akkal and her works to the community at large at a time when most of us feel lost in this physical plane.”

The two blogs below have many links that would help people learn about Sri Avudai Akkal, a Tamil Saint in Senkottai of some 300 years ago. She is believed to be a contemporary of Sri Sadashiva Brahmendra, both of them disciples of Sri Sridhara Venkatesa Ayyavaal.

https://turtledge.wordpress.com/2020/09/26/sri-avudai-akkal-from-plans-to-programs/

https://turtledge.wordpress.com/2021/08/05/sri-avudai-akkal-program-september-2021/

I am in Sydney, Australia and would be happy to be of further assistance if needed.

Regards
Cheenu Srinivasan
+61419828191

Sent from my iPhone